Thursday 24 March 2011

Brett Younger on Finding a Bible That Fits


Associated Baptist Press has a nice opinion piece by Brett Younger on the proliferation of niche Bible marketing:


‘With all of the advancements in self-publishing, we cannot be far from being able to order a personalized Bible. I would love to give my mother a Bible in which the Old Testament polygamists are monogamous, Jesus changes the water into Welch’s, and Song of Solomon is nowhere to be found. One of Mark Twain’s best known quotations is, “It’s not the parts of the Bible that I don’t understand that bother me; it’s the parts that I do understand.”... The Bible is older, smarter and better than we are. We do not need to find the Bible that suits us. We need to live pursuing the hard truth.’

1 comment:

Brett Jordan said...

can't believe he missed zondervan's 'wild about horses bible'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/x1brett/3424280524/